MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

12-year-old Kentucky boy dies in house fire while trying to save pets

(WDKY)

SCIENCE HILL, Ky. (WDKY) - The Pulaski County Coroner's Office has identified the boy killed in a Wednesday morning house fire.

Hunter Denny, 12, would die in the fire on Keeney Road, east of Science Hill.

The coroner said a couple and their two children were living in the home. The parents and a 5-year-old girl escaped the fire. Family said Hunter Denny re-entered the home in hopes of rescuing pets, but he couldn't make it back out. Denny was a 6th grader at Science Hill Independent School.

A family member tells FOX 56 the fire likely started with a heat lamp kept on the back porch to keep pets warm.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending