Bristol Hotel one of USA Today's top ten new hotels; Margaritaville Gatlinburg number one
The Bristol Hotel has landed at number 8 in USA Today's Best New Hotels list in its Readers' Choice Travel Awards, the publication announced Friday.
Also, nearby Gatlinburg's Margaritaville Resort was ranked the best in the country- one of two Tennessee properties to make the list.
A panel of industry experts selected the hotels for the list that was then determined in order by a popular vote, according to the publication.
Portions of the historic 1925 accommodations were open to the public prior to Bristol's Rhythm and Roots Reunion in September. The property was originally constructed by the nephew of tobacco company chairman R.J. Reynolds and was later used as executive offices for business leaders in the 20th Century before developers transformed it into this award winning hotel.
The full awards list is as follows:
- Margaritaville Resort Gatlinburg - Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston - Houston, Texas
- Lido House - Newport Beach, California
- Angad Arts Hotel - St. Louis, Missouri
- The Eliza Jane - New Orleans, Louisiana
- Hotel Paseo - Palm Desert, California
- westdrift Manhattan Beach - Manhattan Beach, California
- The Bristol Hotel - Bristol, Virginia
- Alohilani Resort - Honolulu, Hawaii
- Bobby Hotel - Nashville, Tennessee