MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Fire reported at Indian Springs Baptist Church

Indian Springs Baptist 2.jpg

Fire officials say an HVAC unit is to blame for a fire at a Sullivan County Church on Tuesday morning.

Fire crews were called to Indian Springs Baptist Church just before 6:30 Tuesday morning. When firefighters arrived, they found an indoor HVAC unit on fire and smoke inside the church.

Chief Jud Jonas said it took crews a few minutes to locate the fire, but they were able to put it out in just over half an hour.

Jonas said the fire was limited to the unit, but a couple of rooms also have minor smoke damage.

Fire crews from Sullivan County, Avoca, and Warriors Path Volunteer Fire Departments were still on scene at 8 a.m.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending