5 arrested in Lee County meth bust
Five Lee County residents have been arrested following a meth bust in Pennington Gap.
According to Lee County Sheriff Gary Parsons, officers responded to a call at Old Mill Apartments. A woman stopped a deputy and told him there were people in her apartment with drugs.
Officers entered the apartment and smelled a strong chemical odor and found 3.5 grams of meth along with digital scales, suboxone, and a smoking device inside a child's playpen.
All five of the people listed below were charged with possession of a Schedule I or II narcotic and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Michael Thacker, 38, Pennington Gap
- James McQueen, 33, Keokee
- Gary Napier, 37, Pennington Gap
- Margaret Potter, 35, Pennington Gap
- Amanda Newman, 28, Jonesville