Latest River Levels
These levels are based off of reporting stations and gauges located at various points along major rivers in our area. Anyone living near creeks and streams should always monitor the conditions during heavy rain, as flash flooding can occur with little to no warning.
River levels are color coded and correspond to the severity of the flooding.
- Not Defined (light blue) - Levels unlikely to approach flood stage due to water control devices such as a dam or lake.
- No Flooding (green) – river/stream below level where flooding becomes a concern.
- Near Flood Stage (yellow)– flooding becomes a concern. River/stream is approaching or is forecast to approach flood stage where flooding is defined to begin. Flood stage is an established height for a given location at which a rise in water surface level begins to create a hazard to lives, property, or commerce.
- Minor Flooding (orange) – minimal or no property damage, but possibly some public threat.
- Moderate Flooding (red) – some inundation of structures and roads near stream. Some evacuations of people and/or transfer of property to higher elevations.
- Major Flooding (violet) – extensive inundation of structures and roads. Significant evacuations of people and/or transfer of property to higher elevations.
Washington County, TN: